Automation Systems & Controls
Morsco, Inc., supported by Advanced Engineering & Controls, Inc., offers control systems engineering on projects covering machine control applications, new facility design, and installation of new control hardware and software into existing production and test facilities.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Applications of programmable controllers
- Variable speed controls and equipment integration
- System Network Design
- Feasibility studies
- Cost analysis
- Conceptual studies
- System modeling
- Technical documentation
- Engineering standards development and training documentation
- Project Engineering on plant projects
- Development and implementation of control strategy and logic programs
- Machine control experience includes definition of machine function requirements, specification and logic development, and development of automatic control applications. This includes PLC Programming, graphical interface development, hardware specification, startup support, and training
Proficient in Fanuc, ABB, and Hatachi Robotic control and programming, Siemens and Allen-Bradley PLC system design, HMI interfaces for machine and line control, data acquisition, equipment downtime tracking, and line integration.
Safety - Stop Time Measurements, Machinery Guards, Light Curtains & Controls In addition to performing OSHA required Stop Time measurements, and fabricating and installing machinery guarding, Morsco, Inc. is an official Manufacturer's Representative and Distributor of:
ISB - Merlin Light Curtains and Controls. The MERLIN light curtain is a solid-state electro-optical switch intended for use as a control device on production machines. Merlin produces and checks an invisible network of closely spaced, pulsed, infrared beams between separate transmitter and receiver columns. As long as conditions are normal and all beams are received, the output relay contacts remain closed. If any beam is not found, the output relay contacts open, thereby stopping the machine and protecting the operator.
Merlin uses pulsed infrared-rays, captive contact safety relays and dual redundant micro-processors in its design. This makes it insensitive to ambient light, smoke, oil vapors, temperature changes, voltage fluctuations and the proximity of moving persons or objects. No external influence can delay or prevent the relay contacts from opening when a beam is blocked. Any single component failure of the Merlin itself opens the relay contacts.
- Adapting control panels to meet new specifications
- Creating a flexible control for your product lines
- Developing controls for new applications
- Selecting process instrumentation for new applications
- Manufacturing control panels to specification
- Providing documentation and technical support
Control Panels: Custom engineered, designed, constructed and installed control panels.
Support: Helm & ISB Press Controls, Servo Controls, SCADA's, Controls Networking, Wonderware, PLCs, Allen-Bra dley, GE Fanuc, Omron, ABB Controls
Design - Engineering: We have partnered with Advanced Engineering & Controls to design and provide support for our control systems. AEC is the engineering firm behind the recipient of the 2008 Packaging Line of the Year awarded by the PMI - Packaging Management Institute.